Canadian Industrial Leadership Award
Together, L3Harris, CAE and Thales Canada are working to increase employment, development and advancement opportunities for Canadian women in the defence and security sectors.
In 2021, we will be awarding ten women enrolled in STEM programs at Universities and Colleges across Canada with a fully paid internship and executive mentorship at L3Harris, CAE or Thales Canada. In addition, award recipients will receive a one time $6,000* bursary (after tax) and the opportunity for full-time employment after successful completion of their program.
During their paid internship, each award recipient will participate in cross-company learning activities and exciting project challenges to meet their academic requirements and develop their skillset as the next generation of STEM talent.
CILA – Seize the Opportunity
CILA provides more than just financial support. It’s an experience and an opportunity to contribute to a leading defence and security company in a meaningful way and kick start your career in a STEM-related field.
Working in a role relevant to your area of study, you will be a key player in moving relevant projects forward and be active in key industry programs that are at the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
You will also receive mentorship from seasoned industry executives and STEM advisors, participate in networking opportunities, and collaborate on assignments with other CILA Award winners.
What are you waiting for? Submit your application today. Keep reading to learn about eligibility and how to apply.
Any female Canadian citizen or permanent resident enrolled in the final year of a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program at participating universities across Canada are eligible to apply.
Participating universities include:
• Concordia University – Montreal, QC
• Dalhousie University – Halifax, NS
• École de technologie supérieure – Montreal, QC
• McGill University – Montreal, QC
• McMaster University – Hamilton, ON
• Contact: Rachelle Ireson email@example.com
• Polytechnique Montréal – Montreal, QC
• Queens University – Kingston, ON
• Ryerson University – Toronto, ON
• Université de Sherbrooke – Sherbrooke, QC
• University of Ottawa – Ottawa, ON
• University of Toronto – Toronto, ON
• Western University – London, ON
Yes. In 2021, our goal is to address the need for a more level playing field across the Aerospace, Maritime, Defence and Security industries with the CILA program.
Fact: Did you know that women have accounted for only 30% of employment growth in STEM since 2010 and still make up less than one-quarter of employment in these occupations?
Together, we can increase the presence of women in STEM and redefine Canadian leadership roles. Let’s have some fun and start the conversation – tell us how you see yourself as a #FutureCanadianLeader.
Candidates will be required to meet certain eligibility and selection criteria including:
• Be female
• Have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in Canada
• Write a 300 word essay outlining their leadership potential
• Supply two references supporting their leadership abilities
• Have a minimum academic standing of 70% (as of their third year)
• Successful interview
Each award recipient will receive $6,000 (after tax) CAD after successfully completing their identified co-op/internship program.
Students can apply directly online through their co-op job board/career portal.
Dates are determined by your co-op/placement program. Please refer to your co-op office for dates that pertain to your program.